Saturday, 11 July 2009

My Lomography

Hey hey.... My lovable readers of my lovely little space.... I didn't really want to stay up so late...not really very late but still 12 is not a time i am still awake.... but I just ate some pizza and I don't want to grow any fatter.... so, might as well blog on something.... this will be on my new found craze....or hobby....
Lomography... well... how should i explain this.... ok... I will do both the formal and informal way... Lomography according to the creators of lomography as written in their webpage (www.lomography.com) is analogue film photography. It consist of cameras that uses film instead of the modern day digital memory card and has 4 main types of camera, namely Holga, Fisheye, LC-A+ and Diana (which I currently own). Each camera has its own specialty which you could learn more from the webpage. Here comes the informal way of introducing it... It is the old type of camera la, use film 1....
I got my very own Diana on my birthday from my bunch of lovely friends here and was instantaneously hooked on to it... well.... Janc kind of have a same one which is why i learn about it so much before i got it.... Mine was a limited-edition, all-white (except for the lens) Diana F+ bearing the name Edelweiss...which comes from the name of a flower... It's beautiful and sexy and all made of plastic... so it is light and durable.... it uses a 120mm film which is quite easy to install... the lens can be changed into fisheye or wideangle... but unfortunately i have not bought since it is a bit expensive.... another thing to mention is the ability for it to capture images using a pinhole.... the effect sounds and looks great though I have not tried it yet since it needs to be placed stably and i have shaky hands.... the pictures i took so far were beautiful when took under the sun and a bit sucky when indoors.... due to lighting conditions.... Oh... the coolest thing about it is the multiple exposure pictures I can take with it.... Multiple exposure meaning take 1 pic and then another and the pics will have a stacking effect... it's really cool...
Introducing Ms Diana Edelweiss

I enjoyed having Ms Diana Edelweiss with me and with her company I will have a lot of memories to keep.... I really am in love with it....
Here are some pics I have taken.... well... I kind of have to scan it into the computer and therefore the quality is a bit bad... and i only have a few pics with me.... so enjoy it...

this is on top of a hill looking down at somewhere in Dorset... Don't ask me where....

Capturing the sunset at Poole...I think it is Poole or somewhere there.... It's a really beautiful sight.... This photo is much better than the digital ones....

Below is my favorite multiple exposure photo.... the guys somewhere in Dorset as well... i took the scenery first before them.... it was really cool when the picture came out... I nearly screamed due to joy...

This is the indoor version of multiple exposure.... you can only do it under bright conditions and TADA..... the effect is mesmerizing..... just love it....

So... After enjoying the pictures... I am guessing you want one for yourself as well don't you...haha.... I am going to love the photos I take and enjoy it.... hope you will too.... Off to sleep now.... love ya all... take care

2 comments:

Chu Jie said...

wooo! coolness! how do u actually develop the film??

weichern said...

hehe.... just go to the film shop and ask them to develop.... but if i am really into it, I can learn how to do it myself so i won't haf to waste so much money on developing the film....