Tuesday, 24 April 2012
The unknown 'me'
There is an unknown 'me' in everyone. A special someone that is still a part of me yet we ourselves don't think it existed. It might be a courageous person, a selfless person or even a person who can change someone's life. It might also be a selfish, mean person that only thinks about himself. I don't know what is hidden in me that might appear in certain circumstances. It is through going through the different stages in life that I actually learn that I can be more than what I see of myself at the moment. Maybe it is through all these events that we go through that we learn to unleash the unknown 'me' in us and hopefully embrace it for the better us in the future ( if it is a good trait that is).
Everyone has a side that they keep from other people, they might be embarrassed or might think of it as unacceptable to others, that's why it is kept from others. Though being true to oneself, even if it means exposing your most embarrassing side, allows one to live without the fear of others looking differently at one, many choose to keep to themselves what they themselves deem unacceptable by others. Just like a cross-dresser will not want others to know that the luggage bag underneath their bed is full of clothes that fit others better, one will not like people to know that inside them is not what others perceived of them on the outside.
If by any means you come across the unknown 'me' of other people, try not to expose them so directly. One might not easily accept their unknown self or accept others knowing about themselves, it will only lead to unhappiness.
Hopefully, I will learn not to do that myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment