Saturday, 12 May 2012

Addiction

Addiction to something means you are not able to leave that something out of your life as you think it makes your life easier. However, addiction allows us to have too much of something that we most probably don't need and might even damage us is some form that the addict don't know. Alcoholics don't think that they have a problem. They always think that it is their last drink but they end up drinking again and the viscious cycle of waking up sober in the morning and getting drunk at night starts again. It's knowing that you have this addiction that can allow you to conquer it and hopefully remove it from your life. Everyone has an addiction that they don't want to admit and hold on to it so dearly that it suffocates them at some point. Mine is an addiction that brought me a lot of embarrassment and sadness. Though I know it will eventually result in a problem, I still don't want to admit to having this addiction nor do I want to remove it from my life. Maybe, just maybe, eventually I will be able to remove it or conquer it. But till then, I did stay an addict for as long as I can. Note to self: 'Mr. Bear, stop being my addiction, because I want to change and I want a better life for myself.'

No comments: