Yesterday morning, I made tong yun with my flatmates to celebrate the 'go dong'... I had to call mum beforehand juz in case i cook the wrong way... we used the glutinous rice flour to make the balls... due to the absence of colorings, we only had white ones... however... smart ppl like me..thought about using some juices to make colourings... I had a concentrated blackcurrant juice, which we used to make pinkish purple tong yuns and coke to make brown ones... The purple one stained perfectly well but not the brown one... guess I have to put more next time.... after more than an hours work...(we were newbies... that's y we r slow)... we finally finished the dish and it was ready to be served... Deric took the first sip.... and he said... 'hey..this really taste good la... but then why got some fruity fruity taste plus some gassy gassy cola taste 1??'... Then all of us went ..WHAT??.. let me try n see... there was some of these odd taste inside... guess i put too much of the colourings inside..hehe... and when u eat the purplr tong yun.. it taste like blackcurrant... but it was delicious... hehe... considered good for a first-timer..hehe...
Juz came back from the city center...I went out hunting for gifts for a gift-exchange event I am participating for christmas... it's organized by my seniors... Since I haf no idea who is the person I am sending the present to... I bought a cute gift...hehe... a boxer... it looks cute... hope the person who receive it don't mind...
ok.. I am off to marinating my turkey for tomorrows dinner... hehehe... but b4 that.. I haf to google ways to marinate turkey...haha...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment