It's me again... your lovely friend....or family.... or cousin.... or enemy (hope not)... or stranger.... Well, who else would it be since this is like my blog..... Just to update people about me so I wouldn't be lost in their memories, I am going to sacrifice my series-watching time to update my blog.... it's not that I planned or scheduled my time... it's just that that is practically the only thing i do at night... besides eating n sleeping and... u know... 'toileting'...
Alright... so about me... recently... So our lovely Wee Hong (Intians should know)... currently studying in Sunderland... came over last Friday night for dinner n slept over... we had bak kut teh... and really good special recipe rice made by the well-known always-forgets-to-put-something-when-cooking Zia Yen... that was a shock for many of us... a tiny shock... we had fun... n then Wee Hong slept over.... along with Zia Yen and Yi Shan.... pity me... I got to cramp in my own Double bed with another 2 girls.... It was a relieve that it was only for a night... the next morning... we set off for Durham... One of the main Attractions in North East UK... one of the nearest place to Newcastle and yup.. one of the place that I did not visit even though I have been so near to it for 1 year.... The main things in Durham is like their cathedral, now-turned-University Castle, some museums and indoor market.... The cathedral was just like any ordinary cathedral in the UK... old...spiritual...and expensive.... expensive in the sense that we have to pay to look at the most attracting site in the building... Imagine that you have to pay to see the view of Durham from the cathedral, see the treasure of St. Chubert which you don't even know who is he and to see the ex-monk's dormitory.... I mean if you ask me to pay 3 pounds to see everything, I wouldn't really mind... but u want me to pay 3 different people 3 different amount of money to see 3 different kind of things in ONE cathedral... I don't think so... Next was the castle... the Durham university is using a large portion of it now but there are still attractions... however.. the arrogant brits kind of set a time for the tour of the castle... which is 2, 3 n 4 pm... n the tickets were sold out... So i did not get to set foot in any part of the castle which still belongs to the caslte.... but it's alright... I don't really mind... among the 100 over (approx 107) people who went there, I think my group of people are like the only ones that made it to the botanic garden owned by the yes... Durham University... Practically everything there is theirs... well... the place is like 1 km from the city center.. and we had to pass by around 5 different colleges to reach there... I am not joking... I have a feeling that Durham is the city of College and Uni... but... the walk was worth it... since I can boast about it and others can't... there wasn't much to see there since it is near autumn... but one thing I must comment on is their cactus garden which is nothing compared to the Cactus Valley in Cameron Highlands... I am thus proud of Malaysia... Neway... I didn't get to see much there since I was there with my uni... we had limited time... The trip was not that entertaining yet still fun....
I will post some pics... If I am not lazy next time and when I get my hands on the video I promised last blog.... oh ya... Just so you all know... my landlord finally asked someone to fix the door... my flat's front door... since we really had a hard time opening n closing it previously... and let's just hope that he will provide us with a new cooker n hopefully a fridge too as he promised....
I got to go now... my series is really waiting for me... Oh ya... and My lovely THAM THAM... It's not that I don't want to get a chat box... It's just that I don't know where to get it (I am half computer literate...) and that I feel that you wouldn't see me write anything there for a long time due to laziness... so.... just forget about it please... Leave a comment whenever you want.... OK... Back to series... take care... till next time... tata
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment